Monday 27 December 2010

Collecting Blogs

I mentioned in my post yesterday that I had a little project on the go - an easy way of sharing my collection of 400 education blogs.  It took me the rest of the day just getting it into a reasonable shape and finally I announced it on Twitter. A few people have picked it up already - fantastic!

Why would anyone want 400 blogs, I hear you ask! Well, it'd be impossible to read them all, of course. I have a collection of ten Must Reads which I just about keep up with, but the rest are invaluable for searching. Because they're written by teachers and education admins the search results are very relevant if you're researching that field. And actually, just choosing to read a few randomly can often throw up nuggets of info. Great for Professional Development and inspiration!

This is one way I can give a little back for all the gems I've been given by the folk on Twitter over the last 6 months.

If you'd like to know more, see Ed Blog Collection

3 comments:

  1. Hi Clive,

    Thanks a million for your ED blog collection link. As I always say, I'm not a really tech savy person, but I do love finding out about things and having a go. So, grea, as the year comes to the end, I've actually done something new - I've activated my Google Reader page! Yay!
    Have a great New Year and all the best,
    Thanks,
    Valéria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Valéria, Yes, Google Reader (or any other RSS feed aggregator) is vital when you read more than a handful of blogs. Glad this little project has prompted you to have a go. A great way to prepare for the new year and some serious blog reading :)

    Thanks for your comment - I love getting feedback!

    All the Best and have a fab one!
    Clive

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clive,

    I'll be picking through this today, thanks.

    I'm a big fan of getting new teachers connecting with "the right blog" for them. Have you heard/used the ELT Random blog generator I made? Adds some serendipity to the process and I also maintain it and both add and eliminate (if a blog doesn't post for 6 weeks give or take) http://bit.ly/aGYB3y

    Thanks again, just added yours to the generator!

    David

    ReplyDelete