Thursday 8 July 2010

PLN Growing!

Things are looking up!  My Personal Learning Network on Twitter has grown from 3 followers to 14!  Almost 500%!  Cool!  It's thanks to some publicity from @whatedsaid aka Edna (see last post) - Thank You Edna!

I thought I'd lean on it and see if it would come up with some help even in its very juvenile state.  I wanted a PC client-based photo-editor so tweeted for suggestions.  Why it's needed is because teachers in the local schools take photos with their 5 or 10MPx digicams and then can't send them over their slow dial-up connections.  Obviously cloud computing tools are out.  And few have the desktop tools needed to crop, resize and touch-up. A short while later @ccoffa from my PLN suggested Photofiltre.  Sounded perfect but I'd never heard of it.  So I searched the edu-tech blogs I subscribe to using Google Reader (all 232 of them now!) and came up with seven hits - all favourable! Great!

2 comments:

  1. Glad I could help - if you are just want to re-size - try a small downloadable program VSO resizer
    http://www.vso-software.fr/products/image_resizer/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment on my blog. Hope your PLN continues to grow! You are already following some really great and generous Tweeps, most of whom will follow you back. Don't be afraid to join in conversations - those more social chats really "oil the wheels" of the professional relationships. I'm @JoHart on Twitter and am now following you

    ReplyDelete